Since &yet’s conception, we’ve had a passion for learning in community. We believe:
- everybody has something to teach the rest of us;
- people learn the most by teaching; and
- a life well-lived is a life of continuous learning and growth.
This passion has fueled dozens of endeavors, from penning books about creative business to creating immersive, interactive stories about self-discovery – and from improving open source software documentation to designing conferences where participants joined a marching band and became emissaries for imaginary countries.
Currently, we’re working on:
- The 2nd edition of Gather the People, our CEO Sarah Avenir’s book articulating a human approach to marketing, for people who would rather make what they love than persuade people to buy it.
- Togetherness, a people-first resource for gathering remotely.
- Gather the Courage, guided journaling for creative leaders to reflect, be encouraged, and make courageous decisions.
Here are a few examples of our past teaching (and co-learning) work:
- We used storytelling to help people find and follow their purpose, and heal from burnout. Find your wildling.
- We’ve created high-impact conference experiences, including RealtimeConf.
- We hosted a conference about the intersections of technology with humanity, meaning, and ethics. Part of it took place at a nuclear reactor. Read Paddy’s reflection on the experience.
- And we sponsor conferences and events that align with our values. Check out DazzleCon.
Learn with us
We send out a regular newsletter where we share what we’re learning. Subscribers get access to insights, work-in-progress, and research we don’t publish anywhere else. We hope you’ll join us.