We want to help you find the people who need and want what you’re selling, but most importantly want to buy it because you’re offering it.
One of the most powerful connectors we know is discovering you are passionate about the same weird thing.
In a crowded sea full of widely cast nets, being your weird self is how you stand out.
If you put something out there in a way that’s true to who you are, it feels like only you could have done it.
When you put something weird out there, many people might say “I just don’t get it,” and that’s ok. It’s great, actually!
It reveals who will get you and the other things you’re offering.
There will be weirdos, your weirdos, who absolutely get it.
They become your longtime fans, followers, and hype people: customers who stick around and bring others with them.
They want to participate in what you’re building and they’ll be excited when you invite them to.
So here’s how we’ll help you find these weirdos.
First we’ll identify a niche topic to focus on: a topic you have expertise in, one your weirdos will obsess over, that will gather them around your mission.
We’ll help you research and craft a narrative around this topic and build you a visual storytelling experience* that demonstrates your expertise and entertains, educates, and inspires.*What’s a visual storytelling experience? Think art-directed long-form article or blog series, illustrated educational piece or pitch deck, or narrative multimedia experiences.
- We’ll build it on and with your tech, creating a compelling demonstration of the capabilities and flexibility of your platform.
- And finally, we’ll invite your audience to participate in it. The narrative will be interactive in a way that feels meaningful, personal, and generous. As you know, people are more invested in things they contribute to.
And here’s what we’ll deliver.
We work with budgets starting at $35k. A typical project runs between $60k–150k and goes up from there depending on scope.
This will be a very collaborative process, and can be budgeted into three phases:
Narrative & plan
- Documented understanding of your audience, product, and goals from our onboarding and conversations with your team
- Unfiltered list of ideas that result from our searching and brainstorming
- A short prioritized list of the strongest niche topics that align with your product, expertise, and customers
- A visual story narrative which may include: creative writing, storyboards, style guides, and/or custom graphics
- A plan for implementation and rollout of the story to make it interactive and participatory, planned around your technology
- An interactive visual story experience in the form of a webpage (or similar) including custom development and implementation, built on and with your technology
- All design and code artifacts
- We will lead the participatory portion of the experience with your audience and:
- Gather and parse valuable insights and feedback
- Provide guidance on moving forward with the value and energy created
Recent projects by &yet
- Find Your Weirdos
A guide to connecting with customers who share your niche fascinations—and earning their wholehearted patronage
- Meet Our Weirdos
We want to introduce you to some amazing weirdos we love (and suspect you will too)
- Wicked Coolkit
A fun, nostalgic web toolkit to celebrate your unique place in this weird web world
- Gather the People
A human approach to growth for people who’d rather make what they love than persuade people to buy it
A people-first resource for gathering remotely
Digital cards to pass around and sign, even when you’re not together
- Gather the Courage
Guided journaling for creative leaders to reflect, be encouraged, and make courageous decisions
A simple way to post animated gifs of your face in Slack
- Call of the Wildling
A story about pursuing your gifts without being drowned by the needs of the world
Strategy in your inbox
We send out a regular newsletter about design, code, and education for people-first growth.
Subscribers get access to insights, work-in-progress, and research we don’t publish anywhere else. We hope you’ll join us.